Job Opportunity at Pyrethrum Company of Tanzania Ltd, Purchasing Engineer
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above vacancy based in Mafinga Position summary; to procure the best quality equipment, spares, goods and services at the most competitive prices to enable the company to operate at maximum operational efficiency.
- Forecast levels of demand for products and services.
- Monitor spares inventory and requestsand procure goods and services spares,as necessary, in order to minimize processing downtime.
- Keep a constant check on stock levels.
- Analyze and report changes in market conditions, prices, and suppliers.
- To participate in engineering projects.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity and accuracy of product specifications.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to secure advantageous terms whilst, at the same time, monitoring the quality of goods and services provided.
- Process payments and invoices.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Attend meetings and trade conferences.
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
- Supervise factory processing operations on shift
- Record and report accurate information to management
an undergraduate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent 1 year industrial engineering maintenance experience good computer and auto cad skills Ability to read specifications requirements, engineering prints etc. good communication record keeping ad report writing skills Previous purchasing experience would be advantageous. Applicant must be willing to complete a qualification in purchasing management by distance learning.
Application including CV and Copies of Certificates should be sent through email@example.com